We are privileged to own this iconic property and extend a very warm welcome to share the views and farm experience in a private and non-commercial environment. To enhance this experience, the following T & C’s apply. DPH reserves the right to deny admission to this private property.
- Entry & Exit to DPH is via a tollgate, using a pre-purchased online unique code.
- Access is valid for single use only on your chosen travel date between opening hours.
- Please bring a NZ $2 coin to purchase sheep nuts to feed the animals.
- If you would like to change your booking date, you can cancel online by following the instructions on your booking confirmation email and receive a full refund then book your new chosen date.
- Access is limited to vehicles with no more than 7 passengers, including children. Campervans & motorhomes are allowed.
- Strictly no commercial activity, including photography, weddings or tours. Minivans and buses are not permitted.
- No dogs or pets on the property.
- No walkers or cyclists – these activities interfere with animal interaction.
- No commercial photography – no commercial image taken on DPH can be used for any commercial purpose.
- Entry limited to 80 cars per day.
- Is via a 5km single lane, unsealed road, and in places steep, so drivers need to be confident. A self-drive experience with no active supervision.
- No camping or overnight stays.
- Drivers must hold a current driver’s licence and are responsible for their own car insurance. (Visitors renting cars should check their insurance to cover driving on a private, unsealed road).
- All guests enter at their own risk, and DPH accepts no liability.
- No off-road access or 4WD driving –Strictly no off-road access or entry through farm gates. Vehicles must stay on the designated road indicated on the map.
- Follow and obey all signs – as a working farm, ‘hazards’ do exist.
- No shooting or hunting.
- No drones – illegal as within the airport boundary.
- Respect of all animals and farm property is required.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Complete fire ban – No fires, no smoking, no naked flame or use of BBQ’s or gas cookers. There can be an extreme fire danger with only one exit route. In the event of a fire move to an area of safety call 111 ask for Fire & Emergency and leave the property if able.
- Serious accident or injury – call 111 and ask for an ambulance.
- Duty Manager – Please call 0508 333 775 if help is required while visiting the Park.
- Children must be actively supervised, particularly around animals and water. (Tarns)
- Drive to the conditions – observe the speed limit, a single lane, unsealed hilly road. Uphill, traffic to give way to downhill traffic.
- Please DO NOT approach or hand feed any deer as some can be aggressive.
- When feeding animals, get out of your car, place sheep nuts on an extended flat palm, and stay away from the rear end of the animals as they can kick. Move slowly and quietly.
- Weather – At 800 metres high it can be cold, we suggest warm clothes and sensible shoes.
Please report any accidents or incidents that may occur to Management email or phone: email@example.com or 0508 333 775.
- In the event of snow on the road or very inclement weather DPH reserves the right to close the deer park and cancel bookings. Guests will be advised via Email and TXT, and a full refund will be given.
- In the event of a rare farm activity that may mean closing DPH, we reserve the right to cancel a booking. Guests will be advised via TXT and email, and a full refund will be given.
If you are required to cancel or change your booking for any reason. Please login to your account at booking.deerparkheights.co.nz/my-bookings and follow the steps to cancel. You will be refunded your booking cost and can rebook for another date.